Always ask landowners for permission to be on their property. It’s incredibly important that riders develop and maintain good relationships with landowners… oh, and trespassing is illegal. So always ask for permission to be there and thank the landowner by simply keeping an eye out on the property and reporting any broken fences, downed trees or other damages you notice.
Tips for Driving Your OHV on Private Property:
- Get permission. Don’t assume you can ride there just because once upon a time your buddy went riding there.
- Know which specific areas you have permission to operate on.
- Determine if there is livestock on the property and avoid it.
- Leave all gates the way you found them, unless the landowner instructed you otherwise.
- Never litter on private property (or anywhere else).
- Never drive over standing crops (stick to existing trails).
- Report anything you see that’s damaged or or that may be dangerous to the landowner.