We highly recommend Type III life jackets for paddling activities. Type III’s are available in many colors, styles and sizes. Like Type II life jackets, Type III life jackets are best worn in calm waters and when you’re paddling close to shore.
- There’s a variety of style options for paddlers to choose from.
- They’re really comfortable to wear during paddling activities.
- They’re available in inflatable styles.
- Although inflatable Type III’s are designed to turn the wearer to a face-up position in the water, the wearer may need to place themselves in a face-up position.
The Type III’s available include:
- Inherently Buoyant Type III PFDs.
- Inflatable Type III PFDs.
- Hybrid Type III PFDs.
If you’re in a small canoe or kayak, other boaters may find it difficult to see you on the water. So if you’re going to be shopping, choose a brightly-colored life jacket so that you’ll be easier to spot when you’re sharing the lake with other boaters.