These are specialized flotation devices that are designed for specific water activities. Inflatable Type V’s are very comfortable to wear and most will inflate automatically when you enter the water.
- Type V’s are designed for specific paddle activities.
- Some Type V’s are designed for cooler climates and will help protect you from the risk of hypothermia.
- Type V’s will only be considered Coast Guard-approved when they are being worn.
The Type V flotation devices available include:
- Hybrid inflatable PFD
- Canoe/kayak vests.
- Boardsailing vests.
- Deck suits.
- Work vests for commercial vessels.
- Commercial white-water vests.
- Man-overboard rescue devices.
- Law enforcement flotation devices.