- Never wear loose clothing that could get caught in the moving machinery.
- Know the area where you're operating and check with locals if it’s a new area.
- Service your sled regularly to make sure it’s in proper operational condition.
- Don't harass or chase wildlife and if you see anyone doing so, report it.
- Take a training course and obtain the knowledge you need to stay safe.
- Practice common courtesy and show respect for other trail users, wildlife and the environment. Remember, you’re not just looking out for your own safety.
RIDER SAFETY TIP: KNOW YOUR ROLE
Do you own a snowmobile? Did you know that YOU are 100% responsible for providing instruction to any young or inexperienced rider you allow to use your machine? NEVER hand your keys over without first showing that rookie the ropes and never allow a youngster to operate a machine before they are ready for the responsibility that comes along with being a rider.