SLEDsmart! USA Knowledge Base
Module 03 - Servicing & Transporting Your Sled
- Always use caution when loading snowmobiles onto a tilt bed trailer.
- Accidents frequently happen when driving too fast onto the bed. The snowmobile could go up and over the trailer and into the back of the towing vehicle. Think about how bad this would be for your truck… and for the skis...
- Make sure about 60% of the load weight is towards the front of the trailer axle. This ensures that more weight is over the tongue of the trailer.
- Never operate the snowmobile while a second person is holding onto, or pulling, the ski handles.
- Be sure that there are no loose straps or tie downs present on the trailer when loading the sled.