HUNTINGsmart! USA Knowledge Base
Module 09 - HUNTING LAWS AND REGULATIONS
Resources for hunting regulations, hunting locations, and species-specific information include:
- Official state publications.
- Wildlife agency websites.
- Hunting access guides and/or booklets.
- Mapping software.
- Contact with agency personnel.
The resources listed above provide hunters with information regarding:
- How to obtain a hunting license.
- Hunting season dates and hours.
- Hunting implements (legal means and methods).
- Blaze orange requirements.
- Bag limits and other restrictions on taking game.
- Permit and/or tagging requirements.
Wise Words: Eliminate Error
Ask the hunting law authorities in your state for a complete list of the hunting laws and regulations that apply in your hunting area. They’ll be happy to hook you up with the right information.